In addition to the delivery of its core services, key projects for the Town Council in 2016-2017 include:
- To ensure continued support for the following community initiatives, through additional project management support: The Bridport Local Area Partnership (BLAP), Vision 2030, the Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan, The Coastal Community Team and the delivery of actions in the Economic Plan for Bridport and West Bay
- To agree management options for the Tourist Information Centre, to ensure its future in Bridport.
- To support and facilitate the project to seek to safeguard the Youth Centre and Youth Services in the town
- To deliver the fully accessible extension of West Bay Play Area, in partnership with the Bridport Young Persons Action Trust
- To establish new allotments on land at St Cecilia’s Fields, Pymore Road.
- To support work on a feasibility plan to develop a community bus scheme for the area.
- To identify options for provision of a new 4G football Pitch
- To consider and consult on the next phase of the re-design of the Skate Park
- To consider and consult on a town centre traffic feasibility study including options for South Street.
- To support the Bridport Area Development Trust with the project to bring West Bay Methodist Church into community use as an interpretation facility/visitor attraction.
- To support development/extension of cycle routes(and cycle parking facilities), working with Sustrans.
- To develop a new community web site for the town working with BLAP, the Bridport and District Tourism Association and the Chamber of Trade and Commerce
More information on these and other longer term projects will be in the new Town Plan. Information on Town Council services can be seen under Services We Provide.