If you are vulnerable, or know of someone who is vulnerable, self-isolating and have no immediate support available, please contact:
so that we can pass your/their details on to the local volunteer support.
For information on Bridport shops, businesses offering essential food deliveries, food takeaways and other essential services, please visit the Bridport Community Support website:
COVID-19 Bridport Community Support Leaflet and Poster
Please click here to view the Bridport Coronavirus COVID-19 Community Support Network Leaflet, which provides information and key contact numbers to support you during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
Please click here to download the Bridport Coronavirus Community Support poster in pdf format.
Please click here to download the Bridport Coronavirus Community Support poster in jpg format.
- UK Government: https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
- Public Health England: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
- NHS: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Dorset Council: https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/emergencies-severe-weather/emergencies/coronavirus/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-advice.aspx
- World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
In the Bridport area we have a volunteer support group which includes local organisations, groups and individuals who can offer support, if you are vulnerable and self-isolating.
They can help with:
- Shopping, food and groceries
- Prescriptions / medicine
- Health and wellbeing
- A friendly call or general support
Our volunteers will not try to enter your home. If you feel unsafe, please call the police,
Other things we can do as a community:
- Check in regularly on friends and family
- If you know someone who is self-isolating, get in contact with them and check that they are okay. By its very nature, self-isolation is a solitary experience and their wellbeing will be improved by talking to someone.
During this time:
- Please be mindful with your comments and actions, so as to not cause undue concern or anxiety within your community.
- Please be respectful of anyone you know who has been diagnosed with COVID-19. Due to patient confidentiality their details will not be publicly confirmed, so please respect and protect their privacy.
- Public Health England has advised people who are self-isolating to do what they can to avoid visitors to their home and that deliveries are to be left at the door. Please ensure that when you are providing support, this advice is followed.
Guidance and Tips for Volunteers
Please click here to view the Dorset Council webpage, giving guidance and tips to volunteers including useful tips for volunteer dog walkers.
These contacts can offer local support:
Bridport Support Contact Centre
Bridport Coronavirus Community Support
Collecting shopping, prescriptions, general help.
Telephone: 07401 243585
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BridportCCS/
Cupboard Love Food Bank
Telephone (Food Bank): 07443 596096
Telephone (for help with shopping, if you can pay): 07552 312594
Click here to find out how you can support Cupboard Love in their vital work
Burrough Harmony Centre
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover you mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.