Helping Community and Economic Regeneration
Bridport Town Council has been working with local businesses to develop an Investment Plan for Bridport. The plan will form the basis for funding bids to improve the Town Centre and support businesses in the Bridport area to undertake the transition to a net zero future.
The Town Council recognises that a coherent plan developed with widespread stakeholder engagement will put Bridport in a good position to secure the much-needed funding required to support community and economic regeneration.
The investment plan looks to align with the governments levelling up mission to:
- improve public transport and local connectivity;
- transform digital connectivity;
- improve education outcomes;
- increase the number of adults who complete high quality skills training.
The Bridport Investment Plan is written as a high-level document to identify project priorities. The plan focusses on projects that, by virtue of their scale and complexity, the Town Council and its partners can realistically deliver or oversee. The individual projects will, in due course, require partners to produce detailed delivery plans underpinned with financial information as well as funding bids as necessary.
The final Bridport Investment Plan is now available.
Collaboration and partnership working between local stakeholders will be critical to the successful delivery of the investment plan. The individual projects will, in due course, require partners to produce detailed delivery plans underpinned with financial information as well as funding bids as necessary.
Any comments on the Investment Plan or offers to be involved in project delivery, contact: [email protected]
Feedback from Investment Plan consultation
- Summary of online questionnaire responses summer 2022
- Notes from jobs, skills and technology session September 7th 2022
- Notes from transport, access and movement session September 8th 2022
- Notes from arts, culture and heritage session September 14th 2022
- Notes from environment and food session September 15th 2022
Blog to introduce Jocelyn Bailey