Helping Community and Economic Regeneration
Bridport Town Council has been working with local businesses to develop an Investment Plan for Bridport. The plan will form the basis for funding bids to improve the Town Centre and support businesses in the Bridport area to undertake the transition to a net zero future.
The Town Council recognises that a coherent plan developed with widespread stakeholder engagement will put Bridport in a good position to secure the much-needed funding required to support community and economic regeneration.
The investment plan looks to align with the governments levelling up mission to:
- improve public transport and local connectivity;
- transform digital connectivity;
- improve education outcomes;
- increase the number of adults who complete high quality skills training.
Throughout the development of this Investment Plan there has been close engagement with local businesses and their representative bodies. During July and August 2022 an online questionnaire was used to gather investment proposals for consideration. In September 2022 the Town Council hosted a series of Focus Group meetings, primarily for local business interests, to share the responses to the online questionnaire, discuss investment priorities and agree how an Investment Plan for Bridport can be used to lever in funding.
Feedback from Investment Plan consultation
- Summary of online questionnaire responses summer 2022
- Notes from jobs, skills and technology session September 7th 2022
- Notes from transport, access and movement session September 8th 2022
- Notes from arts, culture and heritage session September 14th 2022
- Notes from environment and food session September 15th 2022
A draft of the Bridport Investment Plan is now available for final comment ahead of consideration by the Full Council in November 2022.
Send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org