The Local Government Transparency Code 2015 (the code) came in to effect on 1 April 2015. The code is issued by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government in exercise of powers under section 2 of the Local Government, Planning and Land Act 1980, and replaces an previous codes issued in relation to authorities in England under those powers.
Bridport Town Council meets the definition of a local authority covered by the requirements of the code. The code requires local authorities in England to publish the following information to ensure local people can see and access data covering; how money is spent, use of assets, decision making and issues important to local people.
The following information is published at least quarterly:
Additionally, the following is published at least annually:
- Local Authority Land (Town Council Asset Register)
- Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations: See F&GP Minutes 12.9.18, F&GP Minutes 09.9.19, F&GP Minutes 21.9.20
- Organisational Chart
- Parking Spaces. The Town Council has an estimated 93 controlled pay and display parking spaces in two off-street car parks in Bridport.
- Parking Account
- Pay Multiple. In the year to 31 March 2020, the pay multiple (the ratio between the highest paid taxable earnings for the year and the median earnings figure of the whole of the authority’s workforce) was 2.35x.
- Trade Union Facility Time. The Town Council has no members of staff who are engaged in activity as union representatives.
The following are not applicable to the Council and there is therefore no information to be published:
- Government Procurement Card Transactions – (not applicable as the Council has no Government Procurement Cards)
- Social Housing Assets – (not applicable as the Council does not hold any social housing stock)
- Fraud – (not applicable as the Council has no staff members undertaking fraud investigation work)
- Senior Salaries (not applicable as the Council has no employees whose remuneration is at least £50,000)
Bridport Town Council complies with the requirements of the code by publishing the information on its website. Hard copies are available from the Town Council office in line with the Council’s Publication Scheme.
Full details of the code can be read here: Local Government Transparency Code 2015.