The communities of Allington, Bradpole, Bothenhampton, Bridport, Symondsbury and Walditch –have worked together to create a Neighbourhood Plan for their area. The Plan received significant input from a Steering Group, comprising members of each of these communities.
Update January 17th 2020
The referendum will now be held on Thursday 27th February 2020 and will be held over the Allington, Bradpole, Bridport, Bothenhampton & Walditch and Symondsbury parish areas.
To comply with The Neighbourhood Planning (Referendums) Regulations 2012, as amended Dorset Council has published the information statement and specified documents on the Dorset Council website and made these documents available for public inspection at South Walks House, Dorchester, Council Offices Mountfield and Bridport Library.
The information being made available is:
- a Summary of Representations
- the Examiner’s Report
- the Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan – Referendum Draft
- the Decision Statement
- the Information Statement
For further information: https://www.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/bridport-area-neighbourhood-plan
Update January 8th 2020
The Plan is now moving forward to a public referendum which will be held on 27th February 2020, when voters will be asked to answer simply yes or no to the question of whether they want the Plan to be used by the Planning Authority in deciding planning applications within the Bridport Area up to 2036. Please make time to vote in this referendum – it is important!
- Regulation 15 Submission Plan Final
- Regulation 15 Submission – Basic Conditions Statement
- Regulation 15 Submission – Consulation Report
- WDDC SEA Screening Report December 2017
- Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening Report
- Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan Health Check
- Neighbourhood Plan Evidence Base
Regulation 14 Documents
- Bridport Area Neighbourhood Plan – Regulation 14 Consultation Draft Document
- Local Council Joint Committee meetings
Previous Consulation Feedback
In the summer of 2017 local people were consulted on the intentions being explored in the process of developing the pre submission document. Below you will find the consulation report as as well as Appendix B, which contains the full comments received (the report summarises these). We will continue working through these and all comments will be considered in the next stages of the plan drafting.
Response to Examiners Questions – August 2019
A full response including all appendices can be viewed at: