Providing a wide range of services and representing the town on all matters affecting Bridport and West Bay.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Support
Please click here to view the Bridport Coronavirus COVID-19 Community Support Network Leaflet, which provides information and key contact numbers to support you during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Please click here to view the Coronavirus – Support in Bridport webpage.
For information on Bridport shops, businesses offering essential food deliveries, food takeaways and other essential services, please visit the Bridport Community Support website
Please click on the following links for guidance and advice about the coronavirus.
Guidance and Tips for Volunteers
Please click here to view the Dorset Council webpage, giving guidance and tips to volunteers including useful tips for volunteer dog walkers.
Jellyfields and Bothenhampton Nature Reserve
Ownership of Jellyfields and Bothenhampton Nature Reserve will soon transfer from Dorset Council to Bridport Town Council.
The Town Council working with Botehnhampton & Walditch Parish Council, is looking to produce new management plans for the sites to define and prioritise practical action to enhance the area for wildlife as well as promoting quiet enjoyment.
The first phase of consultation starts in May, with distribution of postcards asking residents and site users what they like best about the site and what issues need to be addressed.
The Town Council has declared a climate emergency and has agreed a climate emergency action plan. Please click here to view the document.
Bridport Diary 2020
To view the Bridport Diary, which gives details of upcoming events, please click here.
To print the Bridport Diary as a brochure, please click here.
Town Council Meetings
All meetings are held at Mountfield, Rax Lane, Bridport DT6 3JP except where shown otherwise. See Committee Meetings for all Agendas and Minutes. Agendas for forthcoming meetings will be published at least 5 days before the meeting.
- Planning Committee: 01 June: Agenda / Minutes (This will be a virtual meeting)
- Best Value and Scrutiny Sub Committee: 02 June: Agenda / Minutes
- Environment & Social Wellbeing Committee: 03 June: Agenda / Minutes
- Finance and General Purposes Committee: 08 June: Agenda / Minutes
- Full Council: 16 June: Agenda / Minutes
- Neighbourhood Plan Local Council Joint Committee: 14 May: Agenda / Minutes (This meeting was held virtually)
- Annual Meeting of the Town Council: 14 May: Agenda / Minutes (This meeting was held virtually)
- Planning Committee: 27 April: Agenda / Minutes (This meeting was held virtually)
- Planning Committee: 23 March: Agenda / Minutes (Meeting Cancelled)