The Council is responsible for the management of the Cemetery, including the Woodland Burial Area.
Bridport Cemetery was opened in 1856 when St Mary’s Churchyard in South Street was closed to new burials. The original entrance to the cemetery was on the Dorchester Road where the old gates can still be seen.
The main entrance is in Lower Walditch Lane. For information about grave spaces, fees for burial plots, interments and erecting a headstone or tablet, please contact Claire Peters-Way, e-mail: [email protected], or telephone the Town Council on 01308 456722.
Plots cannot be purchased in the Woodland Burial Area. There is, therefore, no exclusive right of burial. Please contact the Town Council regarding fees for interments in this area.
The Cemetery is open to the public from 9.00am to 6.00pm. These times may vary in the summer.
If you need to gain access at any other times when the gates are locked, please contact: [email protected] or phone the Cemetery Superintendent on 01308 422687 / 07891 323056